RCS students NEED YOUR HELP! Click here to support and strengthen academic programs, the arts and athletics for all students.
STEM Labs at RCS Middle Schools
Hello! My name is Ms. Jennifer Diemert!
I am the Middle School STEM Coordinator at Rochester Community Schools. I am seeking your help to enhance all middle school science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) labs in the district with additional equipment, materials and/or supplies that can help bring unique learning opportunities to life!
This is my proposal’s compelling why…
The following seven benefits of STEM have been proven through research and studies across the U.S.:
- Fosters ingenuity and creativity: Recent developments in artificial intelligence or digital learning would not be possible without ingenuity and creativity paired with STEM!
- Builds resilience: STEM education stresses the value of failure as a learning exercise allowing the students to fall and try again.
- Encourages experimentation: STEM learning teaches students “How can you accomplish this?” By allowing students to experiment and take risks during learning activities.
- Encourages teamwork: STEM education can be taught to students of all ability levels.
- Encourages tech use: STEM learning teaches kids about the power and readiness of technology and innovation. To embrace new technologies, instead of being hesitant or fearful.
- Teaches problem-solving: STEM education teaches students how to solve problems by using their critical thinking skills to learn to examine problems and then create a plan to solve them.
- Encourages adaptation: STEM education teaches them to adapt the concepts that they learn to various iterations of a problem or issue.
♥ This is where you can help! ♥
Your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $50. Every little bit helps!!
Thank you for your consideration!
- Where the Need is Greatest STEM Fund
- 3rd party payment processing fee
- Fulfillment labor & materials
Total Projected Goal $10,000.
*A portion of the total project goal will be donated to the RCS Foundation to enhance and enrich learning for all RCS students, to help build awareness and to support additional programs and projects. Thank you for your generous contribution and dedication to making a difference!