An initiative to connect the community with opportunities to contribute and strengthen academic programs, the arts and athletics for all students.
RCS Staff Grants: Supporting all RCS students to academic success!
♥Your support is critical for success♥
Dear RCS community,
The Rochester Community School Foundation was established to provide funding for the enhancement of educational opportunities for all students who attend Rochester Community Schools.
Generous donors like you can contribute to the “Where the Need is Greatest” fund anytime to allow teachers to seek funding twice a year for programs or classroom incentives!
♥ Because of you … ♥
♥ GENEROUS DONORS HAVE HELPED FUND …♥
Critical contributions designated to our “Where the Need is Greatest” fund, allowed us to award $37,954 in 2020 to RCS TEACHERS to support their amazing grant initiatives and enhance the educational experience of students across the district. This fund included 88 families who made personal donations to say thanks to their favorite RCS staff members.
2020 projects supported by this fund include the following.
- $6,020 to help the curriculum department purchase 430 Mathematical Mindsets books for all K-12 math educators
- $1,500 to help Laura Kirklin and Lara Cornish purchase inclusive playground equipment at Delta Kelly
- $577 to help Kristina Nichols purchase adaptive educational toys for the SXI classroom at Delta Kelly
- $500 to help Elizabeth Roberts purchase a second-step early learning classroom kit for ECSE preschool students
- $2,422 to help Julie Schmidt purchase a large tabletop lightboard at Hart Middle School
- $250 to help Kurt David purchase books and supplies to support study skills, social skills and anti-bullying efforts at Hart Middle School
- $1,000 to help Jacqueline Brandenburg create a STEM center in each first-grade classroom at Hugger
- $4,560 to help Long Meadow and University Hills purchase Literacy Footprints Kits for fifth-graders
- $2,020 to help Wendy Beitel purchase books for reading recovery lessons
- $3,539 to help the Transitional KG (TK) team; Tracie Bailey, Cheryl Becker, Elizabeth Lang, Donielle Salazer, and Christina Massey
purchase 480 “Sulzby books” for the Transitional KG (TK) program at McGregor, UHills, Brewster, Baldwin and Delta Kelly.
- $6,058 to help Sarah Kirby and Valerie Ruckes create an Elementary Book Room at RCS Virtual Campus
- Click here to view pictures and staff testimonials!
♥ Your contribution makes a difference! ♥
Help us reach our goal and support every student!
Your support helps fund resources and educational programs that are above and beyond what the district could otherwise provide.
Please join us in our efforts to encourage teachers to continuously seek funding to keep student learning equitable and ensure all students are equipped, prepared and confident to excel in school!
♥ Any donation is appreciated! ♥
Your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $500. Every little bit helps!