2018-2019 RCS Foundation Board of Directors
The Rochester Community Schools Foundation is governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors – people who are passionate about high-quality education and about RCS students. New members are elected from the Board of Directors and are asked to serve a 3-year term.
RCS Foundation Board of Directors Responsibilities
- Regular attendance at the Board meetings (See Article IV, Section 5).
- Promoting the Rochester Community School Foundation.
- Willingness to solicit financial contributions from individuals and businesses.
- Participation in a minimum of one committee of the Board.
- Personal financial support of the Rochester Community School Foundation on an annual basis.
- Attendance and participation in Rochester Community School Foundation events
Robert M. Justin, Chair
Glenn Gouldey, Vice-Chair
Dr. Robert Shaner, Treasurer
Debra Hartman, Secretary
Lori Grein, Director
Joann Beydoun, Coordinator
Irene E. Connors
Michael P. Sampson
Rep. Michael J. Webber
Christine M. H. Weemhoff
Our Mission, Our History & Our Future
To support and advance learning for all students in the Rochester Community Schools by obtaining contributions for academics, arts, and athletics.
The RCS Foundation was established in 1995. Since its inception, the RCS Foundation has raised more than $10 million in contributions from individuals, organizations, businesses, and other foundations. Twice a year, the RCS Foundation approves grant distributions to support the work of the Rochester Community School District teachers and staff.
The Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is independent from the Rochester Community Schools. The Foundation works in partnership with the school district to support educational programs that are above and beyond what the district could otherwise provide. The Foundation allows the community; organizations, businesses, individuals and other foundations to support an outstanding education program in spite of state funding pressures.
Want to know more… Click here for FAQ.